The Education Cooperative (Onderwijscoöperatie in Dutch) is an association of teachers run by teachers for teachers. The Education Cooperative works with the people it represents: teachers in primary, secondary and vocational education. The Education Cooperative was established in 2011 by five major educational associations:
- General Union of Educational Personnel (AOb)
- Better Education in the Netherlands (BON)
- Dutch Christian Teachers’ Union in the Netherlands (CNV Onderwijs)
- Federation of Teachers’ Unions (FvOv)
- Platform for Secundary Educational Associations for Secondary Education (Platform VVVO)
All these organisations retain their specific tasks and objectives within the Education Cooperative. Together they represent 200,000 teachers, which is over two-thirds of the teaching population.
Twice a year, the Education Cooperative meets with other teaching organisations, with the aim to increase the exposureof their activities and to involve them in our own activities.